Search for an event:
- This event has passed.
A Botanist Takes to Paint
Sat 18 May @ 11:00 am - 5:00 pm BST
An event every day that begins at 11:00 am, repeating until Sun 26 May, 2019
An exhibition of recent paintings by David Stuart, botanist, author and now artist.
Much of his work uses plants as a central motif and though treated with great expression, all are based on an intense knowledge of plant design and an equally intense love of their beauty.
David has always loved plants. After frequent painting trips to Kew Gardens as a child, he became a botanist studying plant structure and relationships and has a PhD from Edinburgh University, working at the Royal Botanic Garden. Thereafter, he spent many years as a writer and journalist specialising in gardens, garden history, plants and their influence on all our lives
David has had columns in national newspapers and has published fifteen books, many hugely well reviewed. They include Georgian Gardens, Plants that Shaped our Gardens, Dangerous Garden, and Classic Garden Plans. Recently though, he has returned to painting and print making.
- London postcode (first part)
- London Borough
- Tower Hamlets
- Detailed directions to the venue
- Town House is on Fournier St, which runs along the left hand side of Christ Church Spitalfields from Commercial St. Town House is the third shop in on the left hand side
- Printed map reference
- Project contact name at the venue
- Fiona Atkins
- Nearest tube station / rail station
- Liverpool Street (mainline trains or Tube), Shoreditch High St (overground), buses to Bishopsgate or bus no 67 to Commercial St