Search for an event:
- This event has passed.
A Gardener’s Progress: Spring Open Day at Chiswick House Kitchen Garden and Hogarth’s House
Sun 19 May, 2019 @ 11:00 am - 3:30 pm BSTFree
Come along to West London for your chance to visit Hogarth’s House and Chiswick House and Gardens, where the Kitchen Garden is hosting its first Open Day of the year!
Val Bott MBE will kick off the day with a talk at 11:30 on ‘Pleasure Gardens and Pineapple Stoves: Gardeners at Chiswick House 1700-1850’; there will also be a beekeeping demonstration, a potted adventure trail for children, the chance to purchase seasonal produce and plants grown in the Kitchen Garden, as well as the chance to learn about horticulture and the history and connections between the two houses.
Hogarth’s House is less than a 10 minute walk away and will be offering free entry from 12 – 5pm, a perfect way to complete your day.
- London postcode (first part)
- London Borough
- Detailed directions to the venue
- A 20 minute walk from Turnham Green tube or 7 minute walk from Chiswick railway station to Chiswick House & Gardens. Entry to the Walled Kitchen Garden is via the Conservatory situated in the Italian Garden. See the Visit page on www.chiswickhouseandgardens.org.uk for the Visitor Guide, a downloadable map & site plan showing transportation and the main features of Chiswick House Gardens
- Printed map reference
- W4 2QN
- Project contact name at the venue
- Andrew Deaville
- Nearest tube station / rail station
- Turnham Green/Chiswick Park/Chiswick mainline station