Search for an event:
- This event has passed.
Art and Gardens Trail on the Ross of Mull and Iona
Fri 27 May, 2016 @ 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm BST
An event every day that begins at 12:00 pm, repeating until Mon 30 May, 2016
Gardening on the Ross of Mull and Iona is not for the faint-hearted! The winter storms can be brutal and, despite the perceived wisdom, long dry spells of weather can occur in Spring and Summer. Nevertheless, gardeners of the Ross of Mull and Iona will be welcoming visitors to investigate how they have worked with the elements and the wide variety of soil conditions to create their havens of tranquillity. And each one offers an added attraction – on offer we have:
- activities including forging horseshoes, willow weaving and making scarecrows using found materials.
- educational gardens including simple bug hotels and maze construction.
- places of historical interest including an ancient sea fish trap and a ruined township.
- a garden railway.
Refreshments will be available at various locations.
- Jenny Jeffree
- Detailed directions to the venue
- The Ross of Mull is at the south west of the Isle of Mull in Scotland, and Iona is a short ferry ride off its tip. The Ross starts at Pennyghael which is about 20miles from Craignure along the A849. Tickets and maps can be purchased from Pennyghael Stores, Bunessan Bakehouse and The Argyll Arms in Bunessan, The Keel Row and The Ferry Shop in Fionnphort and and the Craft Shop on Iona.
- Art and Gardens Trail
Ross of Mull and Iona
Isle of Mull, Argyll and Bute PA70 United Kingdom + Google Map