Search for an event:
Art in an urban oasis
Sat 18 May @ 12:00 pm - 7:00 pm BSTFree
Enjoy music, food, cocktails & art in the Calthorpe Project Garden.
Take a tour of our closed loop system: food growing > consumption > composting > food growing.
We’ll be working with students from Central St Martins College of Art and Design – check here for up-to-date information.
Our café uses the vegetables and herbs grown in the garden and any vegetable from café waste is composted in the anaerobic digester. The liquid produced goes back into the soil to improve plants grown. And you can enjoy a cup of tea with water boiled using the methane gas produced. You can stroll among the vegetable beds and sample the herbs in the herb garden.
We’ll also have plants for sale, grown by our keen volunteers. Sample one of our special recipe cocktails using herbs grown in the garden. There will be plenty to enjoy for the whole family.
- Sat 18 May
12:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Art, Child Friendly, Community garden, Edible, Europe, Free, Happening, London, Open Garden, UK
- Event Tags:
- 2019 Chelsea Fringe, art, Child Friendly, community gardening, edible, Free, London, Outdoors, Suitable for children, Wheelchair friendly / disabled access, wildflowers
- London postcode (first part)
- London Borough
- Detailed directions to the venue
- Buses 45, 46, 17 stop outside, we are on the corner of Grays Inn Road and Ampton Street, 5 minutes walk from Kings Cross Station
- Project contact name at the venue
- Louise Gates
- Nearest tube station / rail station
- Kings Cross