Search for an event:
- This event has passed.
Sat 18 May @ 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm BSTFree
Come and hear about bee-keeping in London from Bee Urban, who look after the hives on the roof of the National Theatre and the Southbank Centre – and see a mobile observation hive and of course the bees!
Based in Kennington Park, where they have turned a derelict site at the Old Keeper’s Lodge into a thriving community space, Bee Urban offers training in sustainable practice in bee-keeping and the urban environment.
They also manage hives at various sites in London and work to enhance the environment and engage with local communities through diverse planting on housing estates, allotments and even rooftops! They will be talking about their work with an emphasis on bee-keeping
- London postcode (first part)
- London Borough
- Tower Hamlets
- Detailed directions to the venue
- Fournier St runs to the left of Christ Church Spitalfields as you look at it from Commercial St and Town House is the third shop on the left
- Printed map reference
- Project contact name at the venue
- Fiona Atkins
- Nearest tube station / rail station
- Liverpool Street (mainline trains or Tube), Shoreditch High St (overground), buses to Bishopsgate or bus no 67 to Commercial St