Search for an event:
- This event has passed.
Bohemia Walled Garden Open Day – in association with Chelsea Fringe
Sun 20 May, 2018 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm BSTFree
A day to celebrate and learn about all things that grow!
Our beautiful community garden will be bursting with activity: We will hold a plant sale, a raffle and art activities for children and adults to join in. You can even plant your own bee friendly flower to take home!
At 1pm Joseph Ford will join us to talk about wildlife gardening. Joseph is a trained plants man, specialising in teaching and spreading good horticultural practice. Delicious cakes and snacks made by our garden members will also be available.
Bohemia Walled Garden is run by volunteers for the community. It’s a magical spot in the middle of the small Summerfields Wood, a wild little oasis only 15 min walk from St Leonards Warrior Square station or 20 min from Hastings station and with parking nearby. For detailed directions see below or follow this link
Please be aware that the last bit of the walk is on meadow and uneven forest paths, and do wear appropriate shoes! Well behaved dogs are welcome and must be kept on a lead at all times.
- Sun 20 May, 2018
11:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Brighton and East Sussex, Child Friendly, Community garden, Education, Europe, Free, Talk, UK
- Event Tags:
- 2018 Chelsea Fringe, allotments, community gardens, Free, Suitable for children, wildlife friendly
- London postcode (first part)
- TN34 1EX
- London Borough
- Detailed directions to the venue
- There are animal way-markers from three locations to the garden. Please follow the animals to the garden from the following locations: - On the green opposite Summerfields Leisure Centre car park - Entrance to woods from the Law Courts - Entrance to woods from Briscoes Walk (near St Pauls School) By car: There are two car parks nearby. (1) Freedom Leisure Summerfields, Bohemia Road, Hastings, TN34 1ET. The car park is for the users of the sports centre and you should check for any restrictions on stay duration and cost. Please ensure you display your parking ticket clearly. From the car park, walk towards the woods, but do not enter the woods. When you reach the boundary of the woods, turn left and walk straight ahead, up a slight incline and the garden will be on your right. (2) Horntye Park, Bohemia Road, Hastings, TN34 1QX. The car park is for the users of Horntye Park and Law Courts. Currently weekend parking is free (as at 13/6/2017). However you should check for any restrictions on stay duration and cost. Please ensure you display your parking ticket clearly. From the car park, walk back along the minor road you came in on and bear left towards the law courts. Walk past the housing development on your left and head towards the woods passing infront of some barriers to a private car park. When you get into the woods, keep going until you reach a "junction" and turn right. Walk down the hill and the garden is on your left. By bus: Bus routes 99, 100 & 101 with the nearest stops of the Hastings Law Court/Police Station or Summerfields Leisure Centre. By train: Trains to St Leonards Warrior Square station or Hastings and then walk, take a bus (see above) or taxi.
- Project contact name at the venue
- Daniela Othieno
- Nearest tube station / rail station
- St Leonards Warrior Square