Search for an event:
- This event has passed.
Discovery Day in Hyde Park: Flower Power
Wed 31 May, 2017 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm BST
An event every day that begins at 11:00 am, repeating until Thu 1 June, 2017
Hidden in a copse of trees in Hyde Park, The Royal Parks Foundation Education Centre is a perfect location for you and your family to reconnect with nature this May half term. Drop in any time between 11am and 3pm for a fun packed day of free and exciting activities for all the family including:
- Crafting a flower on a stick or getting a little bit messy while finger painting a daisy bookmark
- Following our discovery trail, uncovering fascinating flowery facts
- Exploring our grounds, from visiting our sensory wildlife garden to taking a peek in our mini beast hotel
- Creating your own piece of nature by making a paper pot and planting a seed to take home and watch grow (for a suggested £1 donation)
Everyone is welcome (our grounds are fully accessible) but we do ask for no more than 3 children per adult and can only admit assistance dogs. If maximum capacity is reached, we may ask you to wait outside while enjoying the beautiful surroundings of Hyde Park.
Bringing a Group? (Holiday clubs, childcare groups, tour groups etc.)
We want to ensure that everyone has a brilliant time at our Discovery Days. To ensure that we have enough resources for your group to fully take part, we ask you to book in advance and make a donation to the Royal Parks Foundation of £3 per child. If you are bringing a non-profit or charitable group, please contact us to discuss your needs. Groups who do not book in advance may be refused entry. To arrange your group visit email Laura here.
- London postcode (first part)
- W2 2UH
- London Borough
- Detailed directions to the venue
- From Speakers Corner: • Head directly south-west • Continue past the site of The Reformers Tree (large mosaic in the ground), to our Education Centre From Hyde Park Corner: • Take Serpentine Road heading west • At the Serpentine Bar & Kitchen, take the main path heading north to our Education Centre From the Triangle Car Park: • Take Policemans Path heading east • Follow the path round to the right, to the front of the Old Police House • Take the next path left, just past the Old Police House, and continue to our Education Centre
- Printed map reference
- Project contact name at the venue
- Laura McMahon
- The Look Out, The Royal Parks Foundation Education Centre
London, Greater London W22UH United Kingdom + Google Map