Search for an event:
- This event has passed.
Thu 23 May @ 12:30 pm - 3:00 pm BST£15.00
Create your own little Eden with fruit and nuts weighing down the branches of your trees and delicious, unusual edibles available all year round – without all the hassle of a vegetable patch!
Join Jo Homan to learn about some edible perennial plants and trees, how to identify them and what to do with them:-
- learn the basics of forest gardening – what makes them work, their structure and what they produce
- try eating some forest garden produce (a light lunch is included)
Jo Homan has been teaching people forest gardening skills since starting Edible Landscapes London in Finsbury Park in 2010. Among her favourite forest garden nibbles are lovage, saltbush and shasta daisy leaves; jostaberry, raspberry and medlar fruits; calendula, Judas tree and Allium flowers; chestnuts and acorn nuts. Jo is also the Training Manager for The Orchard Project and enjoys teaching people about community orchards.
Book your tickets here
- London postcode (first part)
- E1 6QE
- London Borough
- Tower Hamlets
- Detailed directions to the venue
- Liverpool Street (mainline trains or Tube), Shoreditch High St (overground), buses to Bishopsgate or bus no 67 to Commercial St. Town House is the third shop in the street to the left of Christ Church Spitalfields on Commercial Street.
- Printed map reference
- Project contact name at the venue
- Fiona Atkins
- Nearest tube station / rail station
- Liverpool St/Shoreditch High St