Search for an event:
- This event has passed.
Fabulous Floral Flotilla
Sun 4 June, 2017 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm BSTFree
Back for the third year running with a slightly different format, we are calling for anyone who owns a river craft – from elegant slipper launches to aquatic cars to coracles and inflatable canoes – to decorate their boat with a horticultural theme – flowers, vegetables, palm trees – and come and join in this river Thames spectacle!
Boats will gather along the Mill Meadow moorings at 2pm with a chance to decorate and prepare for a short parade along this historic and beautiful stretch of the River Thames at Henley.
This will be a fabulous show of all types of craft displaying all sorts of floral ideas! Even if you don’t have a boat, come down to view the flotilla and bring a picnic to enjoy on the bank accompanied by musicians performing on the bandstand.
There will also be a visit from the Thames Valley Orchid society who will be displaying orchids and offering answers to any orchid-related questions you may have.
Tea and cake will be available on the Meadows if you haven’t packed your own!
The flotilla will moor up on the Henley Town Council public moorings adjacent to Mill Meadows in Henley on Thames. Mill Meadows has a public pay and display car park and also direct pedestrian access from Henley Bridge, town centre and Henley on Thames railway station.
This is a FREE event but boats must be registered. Please email Victoria or phone 07780607738.
Follow us Twitter or Facebook
- Sun 4 June, 2017
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Child Friendly, Europe, Floral, Free, Happening, Henley-on-Thames, Music, Park, UK
- Victoria Newton
- Detailed directions to the venue
- The event is held on the riverside at Mill Meadows. The Meadows are a short walk from Henley town centre and Henley on Thames Station.There is a public pay and display car park at Mill Meadows.
- Project contact name at the venue
- Victoria Newton
- Mill Meadows
- Henley on Thames, Oxfordshire RG9 1BE United Kingdom + Google Map