Search for an event:
Mega Cake Sunday, with Dog Show!
Sun 19 May @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm BSTFree
The Blackstock Triangle Gardeners are a Finsbury Park front garden community group, growing veg and flowers in front gardens and pimping our pavements to green up our neighbourhood.
Come and join us in one of the friendliest neighbourhoods in London as we close off the street for a Mega Cake Sunday. There’ll be oodles of tea and home-made cakes and we’ve hooked up the the fabulous ‘Candide’ gardening App: as part of their London launch, they’ll be giving away free plants and seeds to green up streets all over London (and beyond?). Hurrah!
There’s more!! Between 3 and 4pm, we’ll be holding our own Chelsea Fringe Dog Show, including categories such as dog with the best horticultural head dress; dog with the waggiest tail; dog that you’d most like to take home and best young dog handler (for 12’s and under). Doggie slots are limited, so please register the category you’d like to enter your dog in beforehand, so as not to be disappointed on the day.
Register here to enter your dog in up to 6 different dog categories!
- Sun 19 May
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Child Friendly, Community garden, Edible, Europe, Free, Happening, London, Pavements, UK
- Event Tags:
- 2019 Chelsea Fringe, Cake Sunday, Child Friendly, community gardening, dog show, edible, Finsbury Park, food growing, get involved, Islington, local, London, pavements, public, seeds, streets, veg growing
- London postcode (first part)
- N4 2QR
- London Borough
- Detailed directions to the venue
- Ambler Road is 5 mins walk from Finsbury Park and Arsenal tubes. The event is happening on Ambler Road between the junction of Plimsoll Road and the junction of Monsell Road.
- Printed map reference
- TQ31548644 / 531540,186440
- Project contact name at the venue
- Naomi Schillinger
- Nearest tube station / rail station
- Finsbury Park, Arsenal