Search for an event:
- This event has passed.
Plants play music
Fri 25 May, 2018 @ 11:00 am - 6:00 pm BST
An event every day that begins at 11:00 am, repeating until Sat 26 May, 2018
Artist Carol Sharp demonstrates a device that can read the electromagnetic vibration of a plant and translate it into music, during an installation at Phytology, an artist led project at Bethnal Green Nature Reserve.
Hear how patterns and melodies change in relationship to fluctuations in the environment, listen to different plants and interact with them to affect the sounds. Play an instrument and hear the plant respond. Performances with invited musicians during the day and Carol will talk about her exploration into plant intelligence. Explore the nature reserve, which includes medicinal plants.
Visits also available between 21-24 May by appointment only. 07802 183723.
Check here for details.
- Fri 25 May, 2018
11:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Art, Community garden, Europe, Free, Installation, London, Music, Performance, Talk, UK
- Event Tags:
- 2018 Chelsea Fringe, art, Child Friendly, community gardens, get involved, Installation, London, medicinal plants, Music, Outdoors, Performance, public, Suitable for children, Talk, trees, wildflowers
- London postcode (first part)
- London Borough
- Tower Hamlets
- Detailed directions to the venue
- Take Bethnal Green Rd exit, cross over under rail bridge Pundersons Gardens is 3rd road on right. See Admirals gaming shop on corner. Walk to end of road and see reserve at end on Middleton St.
- Project contact name at the venue
- Carol Sharp