Search for an event:
- This event has passed.
Sun Prints and Cyanotype Workshop
Sun 20 May, 2018 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm BST£15
Sunprints or cyanotypes use a simple photographic print process to create attractive ‘blueprints’. They are synonymous with 19th century botanist Anna Atkins who first put the technique to artistic use, producing vivid negative images as illustrations for her book on flowering plants and ferns.
In this workshop you will learn about the background to this historic photographic process and the methodology behind it before collecting materials from the garden and using them to create your own compositions to expose outdoors in the sunshine. The effect is almost immediate and when washed and dry the prints intensify into richly toned images.
- Sun 20 May, 2018
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Art, Community garden, Europe, Floral, London, UK, Workshop
- Event Tags:
- 2018 Chelsea Fringe, art, community gardens, design, fun, Islington, London, Ticketed, workshops
- London postcode (first part)
- London Borough
- Detailed directions to the venue
- The garden is off King Henry’s Walk in Islington, London N1. Take the turning on the left of the adventure playground, and follow the pavement to the metal gate right at the end. Go through that gate into the garden