Search for an event:
- This event has passed.
The urban forest and the tree officers who manage it
Sat 18 May, 2019 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm BST£4 – £8
Part of the Urban Tree Festival, we are delighted to welcome John Parker, tree officer at Transport for London, and executive board member of the London Tree Officers’ Association.
This walk will explore some of the streets around Southwark. John Parker will be looking at trees and other green infrastructure in the area and describing the environmental, economic and social benefits that trees bring to London. The crucial role of London’s tree officers and managers will also be examined; the nature of the job and some of the challenges and opportunities faced by those who care for urban trees.
Topics that are likely to arise include Transport for London’s plan for Healthy Streets, tree pruning and pollarding regimes, Tree preservation orders, pest and pollution, amongst others.
- Sat 18 May, 2019
10:30 am - 12:00 pm
- £4 – £8
- Event Categories:
- Europe, London, Ticketed, UK, Urban Tree Festival, Walk
- Event Tags:
- 2019 Chelsea Fringe, architecture, biodiversity, design, guided tours, London, native trees, Outdoors, parks, pavements, public, Southwark, streets, trees, Urban tree festival
- London postcode (first part)
- London Borough
- Detailed directions to the venue
- Meet outside the tube station
- Project contact name at the venue
- John Parker
- Nearest tube station / rail station