Search for an event:
- This event has passed.
Turnip the Music
Sun 20 May, 2018 @ 11:30 am - 4:00 pm BSTFree
Carrot you believe it – the London Vegetable Orchestra (LVO) are coming to Tottenham. Join them at Tottenham Green Market on Sunday 20 May from 11-30am – 4pm to make some swede sounds.
LVO will host one of their creative making stall where you can watch them hand-craft local vegetable produce into instruments that sound as incredible as they look. Chopin boards will be provided…and some of you will be able to put a finishing touch to your very own “home grown” vegetable masterpiece.
Throughout the day the LVO will be giving some performances on their amazing instruments and showing you how to play along.
You don’t need to know your piano corn-certos from your cabaggio for strings, everyone is welcome. Activities are suitable for all ages but under 12’s will need some help from a grown-up.
- Sun 20 May, 2018
11:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Education, Europe, Free, London, Music, Park, Performance, UK
- Event Tags:
- 2018 Chelsea Fringe, Child Friendly, craft, Free, fun, market, Music, Performance, performance artists, public, vegetables
- London postcode (first part)
- London Borough
- Detailed directions to the venue
- Tottenham Green Market is a 5 minute walk from Seven Sisters Station and 10 mins from Bruce Grove or Tottenham Hale Stations. Buses: Tottenham Town Hall 243, W4, 76 and 341
- Project contact name at the venue
- Francesca Chapman
- Nearest tube station / rail station
- Seven Sisters