Search for an event:
- This event has passed.
Urban Tree Festival: Explore the Urban Forest: Peckham SE15
Sat 19 May @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pm BST£10
Part of the first ever Urban Tree Festival, we are delighted to welcome Paul Wood, author of ‘London Street Trees‘ (Guardian Nature Books of 2017) to entice you to Explore the Urban Forest in Peckham
Head to the temperate climes of Peckham, where a fascinating variety of trees – old and new – may be encountered on the hip streets of this trendy south London enclave. Thanks to the enlightened planting decisions of Southwark Council (one of the top London boroughs for street trees), we may find early-flowering Persian Ironwoods, Golden False Acacias and the delightful Bastard Service Tree among the extensive SE15 species list.
We are crowdfunding to raise money to keep ticket prices low for events during the Urban Tree Festival – our crowdfunding campaign runs until the 1 May – and you can secure a ticket for this event by pledging £10 to our our crowdfunder campaign. This not only secures you a ticket but also brings in a further £10 as Trees for Cities are match funding every pledge until we meet our target of £1,500. If you make a pledge and select a specific ticket, we will acknowledge it so you won’t need to buy a ticket after 1 May. If booking after 1 May please purchase tickets from here (booking fees apply).
- Sat 19 May
10:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Event Categories:
- Education, Europe, London, Pavements, Ticketed, UK, Urban Tree Festival, Walk, Workshop
- Event Tags:
- 2018 Chelsea Fringe, design, guided tours, London, native trees, Outdoors, pavements, public, streets, trees, Urban tree festival, Walk, walks, weekend, what's on
- London postcode (first part)
- London Borough
- Detailed directions to the venue
- Just outside the booking hall
- Project contact name at the venue
- Paul Wood