Search for an event:
- This event has passed.
Walworth Community Garden Sound Walk
Wed 22 May @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm BSTFree
Can you hear the afternoon going by?
Sounds are often connected to feelings and memories. Take an hour to walk with the Walworth Community Garden Network through the community gardens and green spaces of West Walworth.
Listening to the sounds around you, artist Jane Scobie will lead the walk and produce a soundscape to share on the Chelsea Fringe website.
- 6 pm Assemble at Walworth Gardens for tea and talk
- 6.15 pm set off from Walworth Garden to
- Alberta Fruit Commons
- Peacock St Orchard
- Newington Green
- Pullens Planters & Kids’ Wildlife Garden
- Iliffe Yard
- Pullens Gardens
- Finish 6.45 pm with refreshments in the Pullens Centre (184 Crampton St, SE17 3AE)
We meet at Walworth Garden just a few minutes’ walk from Kennington Tube. Visit urban orchards, community gardens and pocket parks. We end the walk in Pullens Gardens. Then refreshments at the ‘Pullens’ – one of the last Victorian tenement buildings surviving in London. Here we will recollect the sounds we heard on our walk and discuss what memories were brought to mind. The Pullens is five minutes’ walk from the Elephant & Castle tubes and buses.
- London postcode (first part)
- London Borough
- Detailed directions to the venue
- Tube: The closest tube station to Walworth Garden is Kennington, which is a 3 minute walk down Braganza street. Bus: The closest bus stops are located outside Kennington tube station and on the Walworth Road which is a 5 minute walk down Manor Place
- Printed map reference
- Project contact name at the venue
- Vince Brown
- Nearest tube station / rail station
- Kennington Tube