Search for an event:
- This event has passed.
Wild Flower Art Picnic
Sat 19 May, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm BSTFree
Bring a blanket, food, family and friends and join the Eden Garden team and local artists from WildCity to picnic whilst creating art works inspired by the garden and wild flowers.
Add your creations to the evolving WILD GARDEN GALLERY and enjoy creating artworks in the great outdoors.
This is a free community event and everyone is welcome
- Philippa Gould
- 07803 608375
- London postcode (first part)
- SW4 0DX
- London Borough
- Detailed directions to the venue
- From Clapham Common tube station From the ticket hall at the top of the escalator, take the right hand set of stairs and turn left as you exit the station. You will see the shop Iceland opposite you. Keep walking left and cross the road at the crossing towards ‘Witches Hut’ hairdresser. Keep bearing left and walk past several shops and cafes including Oliver Bonas, Moen’s Butchers, Hamptons estate agents and eventually the fire station. Clapham Common is over to your left and you are heading north. Just after the fire station, you will see a three-legged junction. Keep to the right hand fork and keep walking, past the entrance to Fitzwilliam Road. You are now on Rectory Grove. After 4 minutes walking, the road sweeps round to the right to become Larkhall Rise. Exactly at the point where the road sweeps right, look left and you will see St Paul’s church set back in what looks like a cul-de-sac. There is a post box at the top of this ‘dead end’ on the right hand corner. To the right of the church, you’ll see a walkway called Matrimony Place, which connects Rectory Grove with the Wandsworth Road. Eden Garden runs along the right hand side of almost the whole of Matrimony Place. The whole walk takes about 10 minutes. From the Wandsworth Road (bus numbers 452, 87 and 77): These buses all stop along the Wandsworth Road between Silverthorne Road and the Wandsworth Road train station. Either walk up Matrimony Place to reach Eden or turn into Rozel Road and then immediately left into Iveley Road. The church (and next to it, Eden) is situated at the top of Iveley Road to the left hand side.
- Printed map reference
- Project contact name at the venue
- Charlotte Hollinshead
- Nearest tube station / rail station
- Clapham Common tube and Wandsworth Road rail station